Funk-a-deli is a newly re-modelled café & bistro the Pavilion on Helford Road, Peterlee focused on healthy food to eat in and takeaway. Our relaunch in early 2021 will see us specialising in Jacket Potatoes and Paninis cooked to order, great coffee and tasty treats, as well as the occasional Funk-a-deli specials!
Our mission at Funk-a-deli is to bring the people and businesses of Peterlee a healthy alternative to traditional takeaways and ready meals, and cosy environment for customers to meet and relax. We take pride in sourcing as many of our ingredients from local businesses as possible.
We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic chef who can prepare high volumes of healthy food and is able to make healthy, natural ingredients become delicious, presentable meals to drive our business forward.
Passionate about fantastic food and coffee and providing amazing service, you will be working with/leading a small team where everyone does a little of everything, i.e., preparing and serving tasty food and drinks, greeting customers and cleaning.
We are looking for a Bistro Chef who:
• Has a passion for cooking delicious and healthy food.
• Is creative and can bring fresh ideas.
• Loves to be part of a team.
• Has high energy.
• Has a positive outlook and attitude.
• Is a great communicator and enjoys working directly with customers.
• Fully understands food hygiene, health and safety compliance, with a minimum of level 2 certificate in food hygiene and working knowledge of HACCP.
• Has a minimum of NVQ level 2 in catering.
• Works well under pressure in a fast-paced, flexible working environment.
• Has an understanding of food, nutrition and sourcing local ingredients and shares our passion for local produce.
• Understands and can take responsibility for stock ordering, control, and management.
If this sounds like you, then please complete the application form and return by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, please click on the link Bistro Chef Candidate Pack Jan 2021
If you have any queries about the position or would like to have an informal chat, please get in touch with the Manager, Andrew Frankcom on 0191 5869957 or email: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday 5th February at 12.00 noon. (application via email only, within Covid-19 Regulations).