Information which you send to us through this website, either by email or through electronic forms, will be treated as follows:
- We will keep information no longer than we reasonably believe is necessary.
- We will use information only for the purpose for which you sent it.
- We may use information for statistical analysis but in such a way that your identity will not be involved.
You will not receive unsolicited paper or electronic mail from us as a result of using an electronic form unless we explicitly ask for and get your permission. We will not pass on your email address or any of your personal details to other organisations.
Unless stated otherwise (for example; that you are viewing information over a secure connection) information transmitted over the internet is not secure and we cannot accept responsibility for misuse of information intercepted in this way.
All emails and any associated attachments received by our client will be electronically intercepted and examined for viruses etc. This is purely routine and any delay will be kept to a minimum.
If You Are under 16
Please get permission from a parent or guardian before using our website. We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example; your home address, telephone or email details).
What are Cookies?
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the ‘GDPR’).
2. Who are we?
Peterlee Town Council is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
Peterlee Town Council complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use personal data for the following purposes: –
• To enable us to provide services for the benefit of the public in Peterlee;
• To administer membership and customer records;
• To manage our employees and volunteers;
• To maintain our own accounts and records;
• To inform you of news, events, activities and services running at Peterlee Town Council;
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
• Explicit consent of the data subject to enable us to provide you with our services, keep you informed about news, events, activities and services
• Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations in relation to employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
• Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body with a political, philosophical, religious or trade union aim provided: –
o the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and
o there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with others with your consent or if required to do so in law.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data in accordance with the ‘Retention Guidelines for Local Authorities’ provided by the Local Government Group of the Records Management Society of Great Britain, and in line with guidance from the Information Commissioners Office.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
• The right to request a copy of your personal data which Peterlee Town Council holds about you;
• The right to request that Peterlee Town Council corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Peterlee Town Council to retain such data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
• The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Town Clerk at Shotton Hall, Peterlee SR8 2PH
phone 0191 586 2491 or
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.