Sharon Pounder is Peterlee Town Council’s Sport and Wellbeing Manager and is based at The Pavilion, Helford Road. Sharon is responsible for organising, developing and delivering a varied programme of sport, wellbeing & physical activities to encourage people of all ages to become more active and look after their physical and mental health. The aim of the Sport and Wellbeing department is to:
- Increase participation
- Organise facilities for sport and wellbeing activities
- Club Development
- Coaching and Volunteering Opportunities
- Sharon Manages the Council’s grass pitches, which cater for adult and junior grassroot sport.
- Sharon and her colleague Elaine; Activities Officer, run PACES; Peterlee Active Community Exercise Scheme, which provides low impact, social exercise sessions for adults.
More information on PACES classes can be found here:
Part of Sharon’s role as Sport & Wellbeing Manager is to work with local clubs and community groups, as well as organising activities for all ages.
Come along and have a two-course meal and socialise with like-minded people, staff and volunteers. There are optional activities to take part in, including a quiz, arts and crafts and board games, or just come along and have a chat and a cuppa.
£5.00 per session.
Peterlee Town Council sports facilities include: –
- Pavilion Sport & Community Building
- MUGA (3G) at Helford Road
- Football Pitches at Lowhills Road & Helford Road
- Rugby Pitches at Eden Lane
- Cricket Pitch at Helford Road
- Outdoor Bowling Green at Eden Lane
- Adult & Junior Tennis Courts at Eden Lane
- Public Access Games Areas at Eden Lane & Woodhouse Park
- Skate Park at Woodhouse Park
How to Contact Us
Got a question? Contact Sharon at The Pavilion in the following way:
Telephone: (0191) 586 9957
You can follow us for regular updates on the PACES Facebook page, click on the below link to take you direct to the page